Kweli.shop Marketplace Vendor Agreement
Dreamstar Digital Limited (“Kweli.shop” or “we”) operates an online shopping platform consisting of a website and mobile application (“marketplace”), together with supporting logistics and payment infrastructure, for the sale and purchase of various products to customers in and outside Uganda (“territory”)
These vendor terms and conditions shall apply to all vendors on the marketplace, together with our general terms and conditions of the use of the marketplace.
The Vendor states that:
- The vendor has authorized the individual executing this agreement or registering the Vendor for access to a Marketplace to bind Vendor,
- The vendor is authorized to enter into and perform its obligations under this agreement,
- The vendor believes that its performance under this agreement will not violate any other agreement,
- The vendor is not owned or controlled by any of Kweli.shop’s Directors or employees.
Access and Use of the Marketplace
- Aspiring vendors shall apply to become vendors on the Kweli.shop marketplace.
- Once approved, the vendor will be provided with a Vendor account on the marketplace and given access to various tools to enable them to list their products, set and adjust prices, manage inventory, track orders, and earnings, etc.
- The Vendor agrees to provide accurate product information and to fulfil orders for the Products in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- The Vendor and the Marketplace Operator agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules governing the sale of products and services online.
- The vendor shall be responsible for listing their products on the marketplace by uploading a completed product page which shall include prices, detailed information, specifications and images in respect of each product.
- The vendor agrees to be solely responsible for all listings submitted to our marketplace.
- Listings that are submitted may be individually reviewed and approved, at Kweli.shop’s discretion, before they are published on the marketplace, and the vendor acknowledges and agrees that there may be a lead time between submission of the product page to the Vendor Centre and the publishing of the Product page on the marketplace due to time required for Kweli.shop quality control operations.
- Without prejudice to our other rights, Kweli.shop reserves the right to reject, unpublish and/or delete any listings that breach these vendor terms and conditions, the general terms and conditions or any Kweli.shop policies or guidelines.
The only products that may be allowed for listing on the marketplace are products falling within the product categories specified in the marketplace. Additionally, listing or sale of counterfeit products on Kweli.shop is not allowed. If culpable, the offending vendor may be banned from the platform or prosecuted.
The Vendor shall list prices of products inclusive of VAT and any other tax applicable to the transaction and in the currency of the territory. The pricing of your products shall comply with all applicable laws, including competition laws.
Fulfilment, packaging and delivery
- Upon receiving an order notification from the marketplace, the vendor shall process the order by packing and labelling the product(s) in accordance with the Packaging Guidelines; and deliver the products to our pickup point or have a pickup agent collect the same.
- We may inspect any or all products we receive and we reserve the right to reject/return to you any product that fails to pass our quality control checks or any other product requirements as may be communicated from time to time.
- The vendor shall retain ownership of the products until such time as the products are paid for in full by the buyer, the products are delivered to the buyer and the buyer accepts the products.
Returns and refunds
- Returns of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by vendors shall be managed by us in accordance with the terms and conditions of the returns in the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Acceptance of returns shall be at our discretion, subject to compliance with applicable laws of the territory.
- Refunds in respect of returned products shall be managed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the refunds on the marketplace, as may be amended from time to time. Our rules on refunds shall be exercised at our discretion, subject to applicable laws of the territory. We may offer refunds, in our discretion:
- Returned products shall be accepted and refunds issued by Kweli.shop, for and on behalf of the vendor.
- Changes to our terms and conditions of returns or refunds shall be effective in respect of all purchases made from the date of publication of the change on our website.
Fees and Commissions:
- The Vendor agrees to pay the Marketplace Operator a 9% commission on all sales of the Products on the Marketplace.
- We reserve the right to charge commissions and/or fees in the event that the sale is not completed, by way of consideration for the costs of our services rendered.
- We may vary commissions and/or fees from time to time, on prior notice to you, and by updating the commissions and fees page. This will not affect any liability to pay commission that accrues before the new rates are posted or for services that have been previously paid.
- We shall collect payments from buyers in respect of each product purchased from the marketplace, and we shall deduct from the same our commissions and, as may be applicable, any fees, charges, taxes, penalties, refunds and any other amounts that you owe to us in respect of any business whatsoever.
- We shall remit the proceeds of the sale of the products, after all applying all necessary deductions and remit the remaining funds to you in the currency of the marketplace territory and using such payment mechanism as we may notify you from time to time.
Term and Termination:
- This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated by either party.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party.
- Upon termination of this Agreement, the Vendor’s access to the Marketplace shall be terminated and the Vendor shall no longer be able to sell Products on the Marketplace.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved through mediation in accordance with the laws of Uganda.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings, whether oral or written.
Amendment of this Agreement.
Kweli.shop may modify the terms of this agreement at any time by posting amendments to the Vendor Information Page and emailing a notice to the Vendor at the email address the Vendor provided. If the vendor continues to use the Marketplace, the vendor will be bound by the then-current terms of this agreement.